- Newboden strives to comply with the privacy laws and regulations of the United States of America. Newboden makes no representation that this Site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of other nations, or that the Site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. By using this Site, visitors from outside of the United States of America acknowledge this Site is subject to the laws and regulations of the United States of America, and waive any claims that may arise under their own national laws.
1. What Information We Collect
Newboden gathers two basic types of information through the Site: “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII”) and “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (or “Non-PII”). PII is information that identifies or can identify you as an individual (such as residential address, telephone number, or billing information) and Non-PII is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity.
- a. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. When you visit and interact with the Site, Newboden and third parties with whom Newboden has contracted to provide services to Newboden may collect Non-PII (for example, a catalog of the Site pages you visit). Non-PII is anonymous and does not identify you personally. Non-PII is generally collected through the Site from four different sources: Internet protocol addresses and web logs; cookies; pixel tags and other similar technologies; and other Non-PII that you voluntarily provide (as explained below).
- i. IP Protocol Addresses and Web Logs. This Site’s web servers automatically collect the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and log files of visitors. Your IP address is an identifying number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. This information is collected in an aggregate form only and does not contain any PII. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site’s servers, and administering the Site. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
- iii. Pixel Tags. We and our service providers may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily :not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags do not contain any PII and allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when an email has been opened.
- iv. Information You Voluntarily Provide. We may also collect certain information (e.g., your geographic location, your genre preferences etc.) when you voluntarily provide such information to us. When such information is not combined with any PII, such information is considered to be Non-PII, as it does not personally identify you or any other user. Additionally, we may aggregate PII in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using PII to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. Such aggregate information is considered Non-PII for purposes of this Policy.
- b. Personally Identifiable Information. You may use many features of this Site without providing any PII. However, in order to take advantage of particular opportunities made available through the Site (for example, to access additional services provided by this Site such as concert updates, chat room forums and/or personalized content) we may require that you furnish PII to us such as: your name, postal address, telephone number, fax number email address, age, gender, credit/debit card number or other payment account number and expiration date. Please keep in mind that you may also be providing PII when you submit comments through chat rooms, forums, message boards or news groups, although we do not collect or use PII from these sources. We collect PII from you through the Site only when you voluntarily provide it. If you are a registered user of our Site, we may retain your information as long as you maintain your registered status.
2. How Information We Collect Is Used
a. Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. For example, we may use Non-PII to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site and pages viewed as well as to diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the Site. We may then use this information to analyze and improve the features and functionality of this Site. We may use non-PII information about you and other Site visitors on an aggregate basis to sell and deliver advertising, promotions and content that we believe will be of interest to you.In addition, we reserve the right to share such Non-PII, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. For example, we may share information with advertisers or other third parties that are not part of the Newboden family on an aggregate or other basis that does not disclose any of your PII.In some instances, we may combine Non-PII with PII (such as embedding email addresses in cookies). If we do combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated as PII as long as it is so combined. This “combined” PII is not shared with third parties, except as described in this Policy.
b. Personally Identifiable Information
- i. Site. We may use PII you give us to better tailor your website experience to your interests, and to show you content in which you may be interested and to display the content according to your preferences. We may also share your PII within the Newboden business family in order to enhance your experience on other Newboden websites. To the extent we do so, we make sure that your PII receives the same level of protection throughout the Newboden business family. Please note that such sharing may involve the collection use, storage, or disclosure of PII outside the United States of America.
- ii. Communications. If you choose to opt-in, we may use your PII to send you information about Newboden and its services as well as promotional material on behalf of some of our partners. If at any time you change your mind and prefer to no longer receive such marketing communications from us, please see the “Opt-Out Policy” section below.
- iv. Fulfillment of Requests. Newboden may use your PII to fulfill the purpose for which such PII was provided (e.g., to confirm your registration or fulfill your purchase).
- v. Facilitation of Transactions. Please note that, at times, forms on the Site may be pre-populated with your PII in order to facilitate a transaction between you and Newboden.
- vi. Internal Business Purposes. We may also use your PII for our internal business purposes, such as to target advertising, for data analysis, for audits and for other internal purposes.
- vii. Shopping/Commercial Services. This Site may offer merchandise, tickets and other products and/or services, which may be offered by us or by one of our e-commerce partners. To the extent the merchandise, tickets and other products and/or services are offered by one of our e-commerce partners, such e-commerce partner will be collecting and using the PII you provide. For more information regarding your transactions with our e-commerce partners, please refer to Section 5(b) below.To the extent Newboden is the entity offering the purchase services, when you make a purchase through the Site, we may collect your credit card number or other payment account number (for example, your PayPal account number), billing address and other information related to such purchase (collectively, “Payment Information”) from you. We will use the Payment Information that you provide to bill you for your purchase and to fulfill your purchase. By providing your Payment Information, you are authorizing us to give that information to third parties as necessary to confirm and fulfill your order (for example, to process your credit card or payment account number and to send you products you have ordered). We will retain your Payment Information for a length of time reasonably necessary to process any future transactions related to your purchases, including refunds and charge backs. If you accept certain third party offers that are marketed through our site, we will pass your relevant Payment Information directly to those specific third parties.
- viii. Email This to a Friend. The Site may allow you to forward certain items posted on Site or links to Site features by email or Instant Messenger to other parties who you believe may be interested. If you wish to use this feature, you may provide us with such other party’s email address or Instant Messenger screen name so that we can facilitate your sending of such message to such other party. To do so, any PII you provide in connection with sending such other party the message, such as your name and your email address or Instant Messenger screen name, will, of course, be disclosed to such other party. While, due to technical restrictions, the recipient’s email address or Instant Messenger screen names may be retained in our log files, we do not knowingly share it with third parties and we do not use this PII for any purpose except to send this message (unless the recipient has already consented to such use of his/her PII).
3. How Personally Identifiable Information We Collect Is Disclosed
- a. Affiliate Communications. If you choose to opt-in, we may share your PII with our affiliates, including Newboden owned, operated or managed venues where Newboden produced events occur and promoters or sponsors of Newboden events, so that our affiliates may send you announcements and notifications of events, products or services that might be of interest to you. For further information, please see the “Opt-In Policy” section below.
- b. Third Party Communications. If you choose, we may also share your PII with third parties to allow such third parties to send promotional communications to you. For further information, please see the “Opt-Out Policy” section below.
- c. Newboden Service Providers. We work with third parties who provide services including but not limited to data analysis, order fulfillment, credit card processing and other services of an administrative nature. If you use our services, we reserve the right to share your PII with such third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide such services.
- g. Assignment. We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from users of the Site to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Newboden’s business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
4. How Information We Collect Is Protected
- The security of your PII is important to us and we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect it. We use data security systems to encrypt your personal and financial information to reduce the risk that your information will be obtained by unauthorized persons. When you submit sensitive information via the Site, your information is protected both online and off-line. For example, we use encryption software in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information. In addition, only authorized employees are permitted to access PII, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. Employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices, and the servers that store PII are in a secure environment. We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.If you suspect your identity has been compromised in any way, please contact us immediately. In addition, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has released a comprehensive guide that can help you guard against and deal with identity theft. This guide and other useful tools can be obtained by visiting the following website: http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft or by calling 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TT: 1-866-653-4261. Newboden is not affiliated with any of the services the FTC provides.
5. Collection of Information By Third Parties
- d. Third Party Advertising. The ads appearing on this Site are delivered to you by our Web advertising partner. Non-PII about your visits to this Site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad, is used to serve ads to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this Site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
6. Opt-Out Policy
- a. Newboden Communications. When you supply Newboden with PII, from time-to-time, in Newboden’s discretion, you may be asked to indicate whether you are interested in receiving information from us about special offers in connection with the Site, Newboden and/or our advertisers and partners. If you do choose to opt-in to receive such communications, we may, from time to time, send you marketing communications. If at any time you change your mind and no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you may opt-out of such marketing communications by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.If you decide to contact us to change your contact preference to “Do Not Contact Me” , Newboden will implement this change in a reasonable time frame. Please be aware that your requested change will not be effective until Newboden implements such change, and such requests will be implemented only in connection with your Site profile, and will not impact any preferences you may have made to any other site controlled, owned or operated by Newboden or its affiliates.
- b. Affiliate and Third Party Communications. From time-to-time in Newboden’s discretion, you may be provided with the opportunity to opt-in to receive offers directly from Newboden, our affiliates and/or from third parties. If you do choose to accept any such offer(s), any PII provided to Newboden for such purposes may be shared with our affiliates and such third-party partner(s), to allow our affiliates and/or such third parties to provide you with such offers. If you change your mind and would prefer that we no longer share your PII with our affiliates and/or with third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of such future sharing at any time by using the “Ask a Question” tab on our Help Page, and specifying which choice you are opting out from, provided however, you may not be able to opt out of certain third party offers that are displayed on our Site. If you choose to opt-out, and later accept an offer from one of our third party marketing partners, we will share your PII with that specific third party.
- c. Allowing Newboden to share PII with affiliates for their marketing purposes and/or Allowing Newboden to share PII with third-party companies for their marketing purposes. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, (i) we will not be able to remove your PII from the databases of affiliates or third parties with which we have already shared your PII (i.e., to which we have already provided your PII as of the date that we implement your opt-out request), therefore you must contact such affiliates or third parties directly in order to opt-out of further marketing communications made directly from them or utilize the opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or marketing messages; and (ii) you may still be presented new offers from Newboden and/or its affiliates or third parties while you are within the Site, including offers from those third parties which you have opted-out of receiving direct offers; but in connection with each new offer within the Site you will have the right not to accept such offers. In the event you receive an offer from a third party through our Site, but choose not to accept it, your PII will not be shared.
- d. Newsletter and Magazine Subscriptions. When you complete the ticket purchase for our shows, you will be automatically enrolled in our newsletter. In addition, for some shows you may receive a complimentary subscription to a trade magazine. For this purpose, we will provide your name and mailing address to the magazine subscription fulfillment company. You may choose to simultaneously opt out of both subscriptions during the checkout process.
7. Use of This Site by Children.
- In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide PII through the Site. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without the parent or guardian’s consent by, for example, misrepresenting his or her age, that parent or guardian should contact us at email@example.com If Newboden determines that it has collected personal information of children under the age of 13, Newboden will immediately delete such information and any accounts believed to be held by children under 13. Please see our Terms and Conditions section for additional information regarding the use of this Site by minors.
8. Accessing, Updating or Deleting Information Collected About You.
- This Site also gives you the opportunity to modify or remove PII that you have provided to us by way of this Site. You may do so by modifying your password-protected registered user information on the Site. To the extent that such information is stored in our databases, we will respond to your changes as soon as reasonably possible, although please understand that although this information, once deleted, is not available on the Site, that information may remain stored indefinitely in our backup and archival records. To the extent that such information is not stored in our databases, we cannot always ensure that these corrections or deletions will reach such other databases in a timely manner.
9. Security of Your PII.
- Newboden employs reasonable security measures consistent with standard industry practice for PII collected through this Site, including physical, electronic and operational measures to maintain security and prevent unauthorized access. While Newboden takes all appropriate steps to safeguard PII under our control, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or method of storing data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As such, we cannot guarantee that PII supplied by users will not be accessed on our servers, or intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We assume no liability for any damages you may suffer as a result of interception, alteration or misuse of information during such transfers. If you have reason to believe that there has been any breach of the security of the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Please remember that security of the username and password you create when you register with the Site is your responsibility; we recommend that you do not share them with anyone. If you share your username and password, you are providing access to your PII. You will be responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your username or password.
10. Offline vs. Online practices.
11. Contacting Newboden Regarding this Site.
- If you have any questions concerning this Policy, you may send them by email to email@example.com. Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email correspondence with us. You must send any official correspondence via postal mail to:
4708 Cedar Forest Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
12. Access to Your PII.
- We appreciate your assistance in keeping your PII up to date and accurate. You are entitled to access, verify, amend and/or correct your PII collected by Newboden. You are encouraged to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the above postal address to verify, correct or update your PII.If you have a concern regarding the collection, use or disclosure of your PII by Newboden, please contact us at email@example.com. Your concern will be investigated and you will be notified as soon as possible of the outcome of the investigation and any action required as a result.
13. Notice for California Users.
- Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California Site users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.